SERVICE POLICIES AND STRATEGIES OFFICE (SPSO)
The Service Policies and Strategies Office is headed by a Permanent Secretary. The Office has the responsibility of development of policies and strategies for service-wide application to enhance organizational efficiency and effectiveness, transformation and improved service delivery.
The Service Policies and Strategies Office is structured into three Departments namely:
Organization Design and Development Department; Civil Service Transformation Department; and Leadership Management and Succession Planning Department.
• Management of all Service-wide Establishment Matters;
• Provision of Management Services to all Civil Servants; and
• Coordination of the meetings of the National Council on Establishments;
• Custodian of Policies;
• Staff Auditing and Monitoring;
• Succession Planning;
• Setting and monitoring standards to ensure quality control and adherence to extant rules and regulations Service- wide;
• Collaboration with all relevant Federal Executive Bodies on service matter;
• Conceptualization, execution and coordination of the implementation of reform initiatives service-wide;
• Processing of the Annual Manpower Budget of Ministries, Departments and Extra-Ministerial Departments.