The Legal Office is an integral part of any organisation and so the Legal Unit of the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation is no exception.
The Legal Unit of the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation performs the following functions among other things:
- Advising the Head of the Civil Service, the Permanent Secretaries, Directors and the various Departments and Units within the OHCSF on the Legal implications of their official actions and in-actions.
- Drafting the contractual Agreements that officially involve the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation with any contractor or service provider
- Vetting and advising on all Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) involving the OHCSF and the appropriate Department(s) or other Bodies
- Giving Legal Advice/opinion on issues involving OHCSF or any of its Departments; Advising the OHCSF on issues involving discipline of officers to ensure compliance with DUE PROCESS and extant practice;
- Examining the appeals sent to HCSF by officers suspended, terminated, interdicted or dismissed and advice the Management accordingly.
- Defending suits, subpoenas and other court actions brought against HCSF & OHCSF in the discharge of their duties.